One of the important prerequisites of a successful summit attempt is being properly equipped. Ensure that you are well equipped. Print the checklist below,it will be an essential part of your preparation for the climb.
We recommend the weight of your duffel bag and its content to be carried by the Porter on the climb to 12-15kg. Extra weight including clean clothes to wear after your climb, can be left at the hotel in Arusha.Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions regarding the checklist.
We also provide a complete and quality rental service o all the equipment required on the mountain.
Please click Gear rental for more information.
- Valid passport and Visa
- Airline ticket
- International health card with immunisations (yellow fever)
- Travel insurance
- Medical insurance
- US$ cash/Travellers checks/Credit card
- Duffle bag-Large enough for all climbing gear and clothing to be carried by the porters.An extra bag/sack to be left at the hotel with extra gear.
- Day backpack- between 20-35litres.Large enough to carry your water, camera, raincoat, snack and warm clothing.
- Sleeping bag
- Ski pole/walking stick
- Water bottle/containers
- Kilimanjaro map(can be bought at park gate.
High Altitude Gear:
- Waterproof,breathable & windproof jacket (Outerwear like Ventex,gore-tex or jeanter).
- Waterproof,breathable & windproof paints(outerwear).
- Poler fleece (middle layer)
- Thermal underwear(Underlayers)
- Mittens or warm gloves
- Glove liners
- One pair thermal (polertex)socks
- Thermal water flask
- Hiking pants
- Regular underwear
- Raincoat or Pancho
- Water resistant semi-stiffhiking boot - midweight boots work great.
- Shoes for overnight camps ie.sneakers, running shoes etc.
- Socks- several pairs for the climb
- Liner socks-to keep your feet dry and limit the risk of blisters
- Sun hut or similar (with a brim)
- Water bottle 2-3(Total capacity =4litres)
- Head lump,good strong one with spare batteries
- Water purification tablets
- Sunglasses,good quality dark lenses for the climb, with a securing strap
- Toothbrush,toilet articles, wet wipes etc.
- Sunscreen and lip protection, SPF 30+
- Money belt for passport and valuables
- Powdered sports drinks for the climb, eg.Game or Isotonic drinks
- Notebook & pencil
- Energy snacks and sweets